Malaysia Standard MS 1480 is published by the Department of Standards to describe requirements for food safety according to the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system to ensure the safety of food during preparation, processing, manufacturing, packaging, storage, transportation, distribution, handling or offering for sale or supply in any sector of the food chain.
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) is a risk management tool primarily used to manage food safety risks. A HACCP system allows you to identify food hazards and put in place food safety controls to manage these hazards throughout your supply chain during production.
MS 1480 standard though is not a standard published by ISO however is in line with the widely accepted international standards and guidelines published by the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
- Any organisation big or small involves in the handling of food, including food manufacturing, agriculture and fishing industry, hotel and catering, services, packaging industry, and hospital food services.
- Any organisation that is preparing for the more comprehensive international standard for food safety management system ISO 22000: 2018.
- Any kind of organization for which MS HACCP MS 1480 implementation may be a legal or contractual requirement.
- Any organisation that wants its Health Certificate from the Ministry of Health Malaysia to be expedited.
- Any organization that wants to reduce the costs of exporting its products. For organisations whose food safety management system is certified by the Ministry of Health Malaysia, their products are eligible to be exempted from product testing for export purposes.
- You want to assure consumers that your brand practices ethical manufacturing practices for food production.
- You want to enhance the image of the company in safe food production.
- You want to ensure your processes are adhering to the regulatory and legislative requirements of Malaysia and relevant exporting countries.
- You want to demonstrate to your customers, suppliers and external stakeholders that you are committed to being a food safety-conscious organisation, which can inspire both increased sales, as well as overcoming regulatory barriers to entry for certain projects/businesses.
- Regulators and customers alike are increasingly demanding food safety be taken into account by the organisation they are purchasing from or working with. In the absence of a HACCP system, you risk losing customers to competitors that see the value in showing their customers they have a HACCP food management system.
- You may face the risks and lost opportunities involved with not having an MS 1480 HACCP system in place and risk being known as the organisation that doesn’t take food safety concerns onboard as you operate.
- You will potentially be eligible for more lucrative, large scale both government and private sector contracts that are only offered to organisations that can provide proof of their commitment to food safety and who can meet their standards.
- Clause 4 General requirement
- Clause 5 Pre-requisite programmes
- Clause 6 HACCP system requirements
- Clause 7 Operation, maintenance and improvement of the HACCP system
- Clause 8 Application of the HACCP system
We adopt four stages of the most practical and methodological process to help you certified for MS 1480.
Stage 1: Planning
Conduct Kick-Off Meeting to:
- conduct Gap Analysis;
- establish implementation schedule and plan;
- appoint HACCP Committee;
- establish a documentation framework; and
- have a fundamental understanding of the requirements of MS 1480.
Food Production Factory Layout Design.
Drafting and writing documents to comply with MS 1480 requirements:
- HACCP Manual;
- Job Description;
- HACCP Procedures;
- HACCP Supporting Process Procedures;
- HACCP System Procedures; and
- HACCP Forms, Work Instructions and others.
- Guidance and advice on the implementation of the documented HACCP.
- To conduct MS 1480 HACCP Internal Audit Training.
- To conduct an MS 1480 HACCP Internal Audit.
- To conduct an MS 1480 HACCP Management Review Meeting.
- Stage 1 Documentation Audit by the Certification Body.
- Rectification of Stage 1 Audit Finding issued by the Certification Body.
- Stage 2 Audit Compliance Audit by the Certification Body.
- Rectification of Stage 2 NCRs issued by the Certification Body.
You will then receive your MS 1480 certificate.
Inquiry - MS 1480 HACCP