ISO 29993:2017 Learning services outside formal education — Service requirements (LSMS)
This document specifies requirements for learning services outside formal education, including all types of life-long learning (e.g. vocational training and in-company training, either outsourced or in-house).
These include any learning services provided by a learning service provider (LSP) that are addressed to learners themselves, as well as to sponsors who are acquiring the services on behalf of the learners.
ISO 29993 provides a generic frame of reference by specifying various elements for optimum service delivery and to meet the intended objectives of the learning programme.
ISO 29993 is intended to provide such private providers with a generic frame of reference for quality learning services.
- The quality of education is systematically improved.
- The competitive ability of services increases.
- The implementation of high-quality learning services programmes and processes is assured.
- The comparability and transparency of learning services are enhanced.
- The LSP's business processes are optimised.
- The LSP's organisational effectiveness is maximised.
- As long as you are NOT a LSP that is a formal education institution or school. schools, colleges and universities providing learning services as part of a formal education system.
- If you are a LSP who is dealing with the non-formal education sector - like vocational training, skills-related training, in-company training skilled-related training either outsourced or in-house. The learning can be face-to-face, mediated by technology, or a blend of both.
- Any LSP who provides all types of life-long learning.
- Any training institutes.
- If you are an organisation that delivers products or goods or services in addition to learning services, ISO 29993 is applicable to your learning services too.
- Any LSP that wants to define the learning services and how to evaluate them and their interaction with the learners.
- Any LSP that wants to deliver learning services that fulfil the needs of learners and/or sponsors.
- Any LSP that wants to prove the quality of its learning services to its customers, partners, owners, and other stakeholders.
- Any LSP that wants to align the various elements of its learning services including advertising, the information provided to learners, needs analysis, curriculum design, assessment, and evaluation, for the purpose of improving the effectiveness, efficiency, and transparency of learning services.
- You may face the risks and lost opportunities involved with not having an ISO 29993:
- where ISO 29993 may be a legal or contractual requirement; and
- you will potentially be eligible for more lucrative, large-scale both government and private sector contracts that are only offered to organisations that have ISO 29993.
- Any LSP that wants to enhance its learning services' credibility.
- Any LSP that wants to have an internationally recognized instrument that demonstrates the reliability and quality of its learning services.
The key feature of ISO 29993 is to define the learning services and how to evaluate them and their interaction with the learners. It covers:
- Clause 4 General information provided by the LSP
- Clause 5 Proposal development
- Clause 6 Information provided prior to acquisition of the learning service
- Clause 7 Needs analysis
- Clause 8 Design of the learning service
- Clause 9 Information about the learning service for enrolled learners or their sponsors
- Clause 10 Service delivery
- Clause 10.1 Staff engaged in the delivery of learning services
- Clause10.2 Learning material
- Clause 10.3 Learning environment
- Clause 11 Facilitators
- Clause 12 Assessment of learning
- Clause 13 Monitoring and evaluation of the learning service
- Clause 14 Invoicing
We adopt four stages of the most practical and methodological process to help you certified for ISO 29993.
Stage 1: Planning
Conduct Kick-Off Meeting to:
- establish implementation schedule and plan;
- appoint LSMS Committee;
- establish an ISO 29993 learning services documentation framework; and
- have a fundamental understanding of the requirements of ISO 29993.
Drafting and writing documents to comply with ISO 29993 requirements.
- Guidance and advice on the implementation of the documented ISO 29992 learning services management system.
- To conduct ISO 29993 LSMS Internal Audit Training.
- To conduct an ISO 23001 LSMS Internal Audit.
- To conduct an ISO 23001 LSMS Management Review Meeting.
- Stage 1 Documentation Audit by the Certification Body.
- Rectification of Stage 1 Audit Finding issued by the Certification Body.
- Stage 2 Audit Compliance Audit by the Certification Body.
- Rectification of Stage 2 NCRs issued by the Certification Body.
You will then receive your ISO 29993 certificate.
Inquiry - ISO 29993 Learning Services Management System