ISO 41001:2018 Facility management system (FMS) — Requirements with guidance for use
It is an international standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
ISO 41001 establishes the requirements, with specific instructions, for the company to adopt and maintain a Facility Management System that enables sustainable growth and especially when an organization:
- needs to demonstrate effective and efficient delivery of FM that supports the objectives of the demand organization;
- aims to consistently meet the needs of interested parties and applicable requirements; and
- aims to be sustainable in a globally-competitive environment.
- ISO 41001 can be used by companies in any sector including:
- hotel industry;
- others that are using a CMMS; and
- any organizations that want:
- to follow effective and efficient FM techniques that support the sustained growth of the organization;
- to increase the efficiency of maintenance and management tasks of facility management to reduce waste and costs;
- to improve employees’ experience by providing a healthier and safer working environment which is one of the Facility Management’s major challenges;
- to meet the expectations of employees, partners, and third parties; and
- to be sustainable in a globally competitive environment.
- Any kind of organization for which ISO 41001 implementation may be a legal or contractual requirement.
- Any organization that wants to establish, implement, operate, and maintain an FMS.
- Any organisation that may face the risks and lost opportunities involved with not having an ISO 41001:
- where ISO 41001 may be a legal or contractual requirement; and
- you will potentially be eligible for more lucrative, large scale both government and private sector contracts that are only offered to organisations that have ISO 41001.
Clause 4 Context Of The Organization
4.1 Understanding the organization and its context
4.2 Understanding the needs and expectations of interested parties
4.3 Determining the scope of the FM system
4.4 FM system
Clause 5 Leadership
5.1 Leadership and commitment
5.3 Organizational roles, responsibilities and authorities
Clause 6 Planning
6.1 Actions to address risks and opportunities
6.2 FM objectives and planning to achieve them
Clause 7 Support
7.5 Documented information
7.5.2 Creating and updating information
7.5.3 Control of documented information
7.5.4 FM information and data requirements
7.6 Organizational knowledge
Clause 8 Operation
8.1 Operational planning and control
8.2 Coordination with interested parties
8.3 Integration of services
Clause 9 Performance Evaluation
9.1 Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation
9.2 Internal audit
9.3 Management review
Clause 10 Improvement
10.1 Nonconformity and corrective action
10.2 Continual improvement
10.3 Preventive actions
We adopt four stages of the most practical and methodological process to help you certified for ISO 41001.
Stage 1: Planning
Conduct Kick-Off Meeting to
- establish implementation schedule and plan;
- appoint FMS Committee;
- establish a documentation framework; and
- have a fundamental understanding of the requirements of ISO 41001.
Drafting and writing documents to comply with ISO 41001 requirements:
- FMS Manual;
- Job Description;
- FMS Procedures;
- FMS Supporting Process Procedures;
- FMS System Procedures; and
- FMS Forms, Work Instructions and others.
- Guidance and advice on the implementation of the documented FMS.
- To conduct an ISO 41001 FMS Internal Audit Training.
- To conduct an ISO 41001 FMS Internal Audit.
- To conduct an ISO 41001 FMS Management Review Meeting.
- Stage 1 Documentation Audit by the Certification Body.
- Rectification of Stage 1 Audit Finding issued by the Certification Body.
- Stage 2 Audit Compliance Audit by the Certification Body.
- Rectification of Stage 2 NCRs issued by the Certification Body.
You will then receive your ISO 41001 certificate.
Inquiry - ISO 41001 Facility Management System